Monday, May 21, 2012

Expectations VS. Reality

It seems that my expectations and reality rarely are the same. Only when I lower my expectations do I get the infrequent surprise. Mostly, I'm just disappointed at how things turn out.
This time it might be for lack of planning. I like to plan, though. I spend more time planning than actual doing, it seems like. Well, it isn't all bad, I guess. I just hope we don't get any nasty surprises while we're camping.
I wanted to set the tents up, get them weatherized, put what we will bring with us in them. Pretty much, do a mock run of our campsite. We got the tents up and the air mattresses in. The kids even slept in them one night. We didn't get the tarps up or the kitchen set up. I didn't practice cooking in the cast iron I bought on the stove I bought.  There's still a list of things we need to do before our camping trip. We'll have 2 and a half days to do it.
Woe is me.
On the bright side of things: expectations rarely meets reality. So with this bad start, should I expect disaster? Or will I be pleasantly surprised at how smooth things go? What will be the reality? Utter boredom? Or so much fun? I really can't wait to see how things play out.
Sorry if this post started out down and depressed, that's how I'm feeling at the moment. I mean, we are going to live in a tent for a few months...and we are nowhere near ready. I'm kinda anxious about the whole thing, really. But what can I do? I can take a deep breath, relax, and start doing something. Right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment